Can I even remember the last time I used a USB Modem to browse on my PC ? Oh no, I can't, just because it's been long since I used it. I connect to the internet on my PC through my phone's mobile data plan, making use of the Wireless tethering, USB tethering feature on my Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900A (AT&T version). Before I started using the Wireless and USB tethering on my AT&T branded Galaxy S5, I searched for hours and tweaked for days before I eventually get it to work.
You must be wondering why I faced big hassles like that since making use of Wireless tethering is as simple as ABC. Here is why - whenever you get a Smartphone branded by AT&T, T-mobile, Verizon etc [I'll be using AT&T in this post even though this post applies to almost any ISP branded Android], AT&T will disable the wireless tethering and USB tethering feature since they don't want you to use your data on any other device. If you try to turn on tethering, you'll receive a response similar to - 'Mobile Data or SIM is unavailable' leaving you with the inability to tether your data.
Although, there are different ways to fix this issue and make the tethering feature work but this is the best, stress-free and easiest method you'll ever stumble on. So, sit back, relax and follow the procedures below.
=> The procedure you are about to follow is for the AT&T variant of the Samsung Galaxy S5 but it is also working for other variants like T-mobile, Verizon etc. You can also use this method for other Samsung phones that has the same issue too.
=> This method also work on some other Smartphones like Motorola Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, Droid RAZR HD, Moto X, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 3 and so on. Try it at your own risk !
1. First of all, make sure your device is rooted and if your device is not rooted then find the easiest way to get it rooted on Google.
2. Now, download and install these Apps - Xposed Installer & Xposed X-tether.
3. After installation, open Xposed Installer and select Framework -> Install Updates.
4. When you tap on Install Updates you’ll get a pop-up from Superuser, tap on allow to grant the permission. Once installation is complete tap on cancel, Don’t restart the device !
5. Now goto Xposed Installer menu and select modules.
6. Once you are in modules, check the box in front of the Moto Tether.
7. Once you are done with that, just rebstart your device and you can now use the WiFi Tether and USB tether feature on your Android Smartphone.
You can see how simple and easy this is, I'm sure you are more than happy that this worked for you so please drop your testimony. Do you have any problem or issue during the process ? I'd like to be of help, so make sure you drop your issues, contributions, suggestions and comments using the comment box. The subscription box is available below for you to subscribe and receive FREE email updates directly into your mailbox. Have a sweet night rest pals !