In our last post, we announced that Android 6.0 Marshmallow update is now available for the LG G3. Some LG G3 variants were able to get 6.0 Marshmallow together with the LG G4 when the G4's Marshmallow update was rolled out some weeks ago. If you own the LG G3 D855 variant then this post is for you, you'll be able to update your G3 D855 to Marshmallow. Note that we don't have the official firmwares released by LG but the Android geeks at XDA-Developers have got us covered. I repeat, this software version is only for the LG G3 D855 variant. So feel free to use the files and flashables including the TWRP-flashable stock ROM, boot and modem zip files, KDZ (individual images are also included) rightly.
Note that the procedures listed below have been confirmed to work properly without any issue(s) if followed correctly, so you agree that you are responsible for anything that happens to your Phone. Before you continue with the procedures below, make sure that you have installed TWRP 2.8.7+ first. Otherwise, you won't be able to use the files listed below. Also, XDA developer autoprime suggest not to root the stock Android 6.0 especially after flashing the 30B kdz.
You may do all these steps on any Android 4.4.x or Android 5.x LG G3 D855. Simply flash the zip files shared below to finally update the rooted stock Marshmallow according to the developers.
Required Files to get started
• LG-D85530B-Flashable.System.zip -
1. Install the TWRP 2.8.7+ you downloaded above on your Phone.
2. Place LG-D85530B-Flashable.Boot-AutoRepack.zip and LG-D85530B-Flashable.System.zip files on the internal storage of your Phone.
3. Place the latest version of SuperSu zip (2.65+) you downloaded on your Phone's internal storage.
4. Also Place the Sharpening Mod 3.5 zip file on your internal storage.
Note that there 4 files altogether that you're going to place on your phone's internal storage before moving to the next step.
5. Reboot your phone into TWRP - by pressing the Volume up + Power button at the same time. Don't delete anything. Backup current partitions like boot, system, data, efs. Then press the home button when you are through.
6. Factory reset is optional if you're moving directly from 100% Stock Lollipop to Marshmallow but Other ROMs must be factory reset. Just click on the Wipe option and swipe slider to do factory reset.
7. Install the modem, boot and system 30B zip files in any order (Install button > select zip > swipe to confirm).
8. Hit the Home button then install the SuperSu zip. Doing this will patch boot partition to add root.
9. Install the Sharpening Mod 3.5 zip that you placed on your internal storage in step 4. Choose any level of sharpness. This particular step will BUMP the boot.img.
10. Reboot into Android. If TWRP still asks if you want to install SU, choose No. All done! Your LG G3 is now on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. A factory reset is important if you notice any slow responsiveness in your phone.
I hope you were able to get the Android 6.0 Marshmallow running on your LG G3. If you need direct help from the Developers who made these files and guide available - Click Here. If you have any question, suggestion or contribution. Kindly make use of the comment box and don't forget to share this post with others. Happy Sunday !